Sunday, January 12, 2014

Eternity's Mirror

 
I tend to view the circumstances in my life in the here and now,
but when I stop and listen to the Holy Spirit,
He breaks through the window of my life and shows me
how to see things through His eyes.
 
I do not want to minimize the circumstances you or I may be in,
for we all have moments, days, even long periods of times when circumstances
seem to be too much. These circumstances may change or stay with us the rest of our lives.
Perhaps like me, you have a physical disability that may not change.
Perhaps a relationship is tearing at your heart.
Perhaps you do not feel God's presence and wonder if you ever will again.
These and other circumstances are very real, I know.
 
But just for now,
stop and read the prayer below.
You may want to make it your heart's prayer...
 
 

 You may want these words to be your heart's words...
 
So we fix our eyes not on what is seen,
but on what is unseen,
since what is seen is temporary,
but what is unseen is eternal.
2 Corinthians 4:18
 
 
It is my heart's desire that I may learn to take each circumstance in my life and hold it up to the mirror of eternity. I know I have a long ways to go to remember to do this, but perhaps by writing this, I will be reminded to do just that. Perhaps by reading this, you, too, may choose to join me.
 
 

No comments: