Monday, November 23, 2009

Planes, Trains and Automobiles

Every Thanksgiving, my son-in-law John would talk us into watching the movie, Planes, Trains and Automobiles; not my favorite movie, as John knows, but it was more about tradition than the movie. They live in Minneapolis now, so I haven't had to watch it for a few years, but last week I experienced my own, real-life journey via planes, trains and automobiles; I was blessed to be able to fly to Minneapolis for our grandson Jack's 6th birthday, take the train to Wisconsin to visit my mom, sister and brother-in-law, and then return by train to MN to spend more time with our daughter Erin, son-in-law John, Jack and Eli. I flew home to MT on Saturday. Whew! It was a wonderful trip, and I am so thankful that my dear husband Lauren encouraged me to go, even though he needed to remain at home for his job.
Here are a few pictures of our Minnesota family and my Wisconsin mom and sister:
Jack and his Aunt Anne, who made his treasure cake for his pirate birthday party with his friends...
Eli and his new friend, Snickerdoodle, the Golden Retriever puppy from IKEA...

My mother, Doris, and my sister, Karilyn, at Karilyn's home in Wisconsin...

Erin and Eli at the park near their home...


I am so very thankful for my family, near and far. My husband and I have so very much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving. We are grateful for all the Lord has provided for us and we trust in His promises and bask in His love. Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Maxine said...

Nice photos!

Just stopped over to say Happy Thanksgiving. May your day be blessed, Nana, from another Nanna!