Monday, April 18, 2011

A Special Wedding Day

Lauren and I went to Iowa recently for my niece's wedding. Stacy is the daughter of my late brother Mark, who went to be with the Lord several years ago. I'm afraid I didn't get very many quality photos, but here are a few shots anyway:

The wedding was held outside at Eagle Point Park, which is in Clinton, along the Mississippi River.

It was quite chilly and cloudy, but the bridal party and guests
braved the cold and it was a beautiful ceremony.


Our other niece, Stacy's sister Allie, was the maid of honor, and the groom's
  brother was the best man. Stacy's new husband is Bret, and they seemed like
a wonderful couple. The girls also have a brother named Brandon, who served as usher,
although I did not get a good photo of him.


This fuzzy photo shows the groom, Bret, my mother, Stacy's grandmother and Stacy.
My mother traveled with my sister and her husband from Wisconsin, and then went to Nebraska with my brother, who has arranged for her to live in a beautiful care center not far from them. It has become time to do so since the Alzheimer's continues to get worse, but this
is a God-filled blessing for her to see my brother and his wife more.

I had not seen my nieces and nephew for many years, as distance, their
parent's divorce and Mark's passing made it hard to keep in touch or to get together.
God really blessed us when Stacy invited me and my husband as well as my other siblings and their
spouses to her wedding, and it was worth the long drive just to spend this special moment
in her life with her. My niece Allie told me that she is now engaged and will be getting married
next year, so we have another Iowa wedding to look forward to! 

After we got home, I had several days with our grandchildren, so I wasn't able to update my blog.
I will try to visit your blogs this week and see what you have been up to!






2 comments:

E. Charlotte said...

Sounds like a wonderful event! I'm glad so much of your family could be together. :)

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

A lovely wedding and such a special time to reconnect with family! And another special wedding in the future... exciting!