Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Join the 90-Day Challenge

Don't worry, this isn't an exercise challenge or a diet challenge, no siree,
none of that for me! Instead, at this time in my life when I am sorting and packing and praying
our house sells, as well as planning the details of the new house, babysitting the JEMS and
just living, I am excited to be doing this challenge...


Bible in 90 Days
(Click above to see what it's all about and to sign up!)

For those of you who know me personally or even if you barely know me,
you may be thinking that I have bitten off more than I can chew.
You may be thinking, "She'll never get it done cause she already has too
much on her plate" and you may be right, but I think I will make it, for
two reasons.

One,

YOU ARE ALL NOW MY ACCOUNTABILITY PARTNERS
(informally, don't worry!)

and

two,

GOD'S GRACE.

2 Corinthians 12:9 (41 kb)


Whenever I read this verse, my heart becomes full from the realization
that there is nothing I can do to deserve God's favor,
but His grace is given without my goodness, without my merit.
It is by His grace that I will make it, whether it is in 90 days or more,
for His power is made perfect in my weakness.


I am not doing this on my own, no, there are hundreds of others joining the challenge,
but most importantly, God promises He is with me.
He is with you, too, no matter if you do this challenge or not,
He is with you 24/7 and He will never leave you or forsake you.

It is because God is who He says He is, and I am looking forward to Him
revealing more about Himself to me, by reading His love letter to me,
to all who will open it.

So, with this said, I will blog about this every now and then, whenever
I am not sorting and packing...oh, yeah, I already said that.
Ok, so enough - I'm headed to the sofa to read!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Laurie! I just caught up with your blog and you have some very exciting changes going on. I'm excited for you, but I feel the nostalgia you mentioned as well. When we sold our last house I cried the day we went back to clean it for the new owners. I sat on the deck remembering all the family times, the birth of our grandaughter there, the tree the kids played "ready, set, go" around summer after summer, each baby we brought home from the hospital, the deck we built and had many family dinners, swimming parties, baby showers, birthday parties, barbecues etc. on and the list goes on...all the holiday memories etc. I cried and cried, grieving over leaving that house forever, but as we drove away for the last time, I became very content and excited for the journey we were embarking on in our new home. We have now been here for three years and we LOVE it! New memories have been made, another granddaughter was born here, we've put in a yard, raised chickens, had two litters of Golden puppies and much, much more. It is truly home and we love it. You're in my prayers as you embark on your awesome 90 day challenge (I'm doing it in a year! haha) and your future plans for your home. Blessings to you! I've truly enjoyed catching up with you.