Thursday, July 28, 2011

~ Loggia ~

Loggia

log·gia/ˈlōj(ē)ə/Noun

1. A gallery or room with one or more open sides,
esp. one that forms part of a house and has one side open
to the garden.

2. An open-sided extension to a house.



or,
a Sherwin Williams paint color
SW7506 Loggia
 I know, not quite as exciting as the loggia!

I was watching a movie that had the word "loggia" in it,
 an Italian word with the meaning of a room with one side open to the air.
It caught my attention because it is the name of the paint color we've chosen
for the walls of our soon-to-be-built cottage.


No, our cottage will not have a loggia, but it will have a front porch,
small but necessary, as I cannot imagine not having a porch.
A porch is such a welcome sight, a place where we will be able to
 have a cup of coffee in the morning, a glass of lemonade in the evening,
or a nice visit with our neighbors.


I have loved having our porch at our home, and I wait eagerly in the
spring to open the door and go out on the porch.  It faces east, and it is a pretty place
 to catch the morning sun. This summer, it is too hot to be out there later in the day, but
 mornings are perfect, with the cool morning air coming in.
It is my favorite place in the house.


I am having a case of the blues about selling the house, but I know it is
the right decision. It is to be expected of leaving our home of 28 years to
go to something different, but I am also looking forward to the new.
I know I have already done a post about this, (It is time to be...)
but I am afraid you may hear about it again in the future ~ oh, hankies!




No changing of our minds,

no doubts,

trusting God's direction,

just thankful for how He has provided for us all this time,
 for this home that He gave us to raise our daughters,
memories with a few tears, a few sighs, lots of laughs,
and lots of photographs.




My Father’s house has many rooms;
 if that were not so,
 would I have told you that
I am going
 there to prepare a
 place for you?
John 14:2 



Hmmmmm, I wonder if it will have a porch,

or maybe, just maybe,

a loggia, too!
(Somehow, I don't think it will matter!)

P.S. I have to smile at the photo of the loggia at the top,
because it has the colors we will be using in the new cottage, and
it has a golden retriever ~ oh, Lucy!


No comments: