Monday, March 19, 2012

Does God Gush Over Us?

Ben is here for the day, and I always look forward to having him over;
at almost 3 months old, he holds my heart with a fierce grip.

When I was changing his diaper this morning, he was happy and smiling,
and then,
 my favorite part,

he got all gushy  ~
you know, that sweet little baby smile that is
larger than a regular smile,
the one that melts your heart...


This got me thinking about God's love for us,
and I remembered a quote by Max Lucado from one of his books...

"If God had a refrigerator, your picture would be on it.
If He had a wallet, your photo would be in it.
He sends you flowers every spring and a sunrise every morning...
Face it, friend. He is crazy about you! ” Max Lucado


Here are the photos of our four sweet grandchildren
on our refrigerator,
and every time I see them, my heart melts.
They are the "apples of my eye"
and I am crazy about them.

God shared His love for His Son on the day
Jesus was baptized...

After all the people were baptized, Jesus was baptized. As he was praying,
the sky opened up and the Holy Spirit, like a dove descending,
came down on him.
And along with the Spirit, a voice:
"You are my Son, chosen and marked by my love,
pride of my life."
Luke 3:20-22  (The Message)

Wow! "pride of my life" ~
such a beautiful expression of God's love for Jesus,
and just think, He loves us like that...

we are His children,
chosen and marked by His love,
the pride of his life.

Think about this today as you look in the mirror ~
there is the face that makes God's heart melt,
and He holds your heart with a fierce grip...

and I think He may even give a little gushy smile
when He thinks of you!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember gushy smiles - they are so precious!
Enjoy your day with Ben!!!
Hugs,
Zuzu

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful thought ... I'm always amazed anew by the fact that He ... loves ... me! Hugs ~ Mary

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

I love your gift of words. I was enjoying the photo of Ben and thinking how much you were enjoying him and didn't realize you shared at Think on These Things until I got to the bottom of the post. Your post is so encouraging and beautiful!

A joy stopping by!