Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The Face of Pretty ~ Decorative Country Living

Decorative Country Living - Home

Oh, my, sometimes when I am just puttering around on the web, I chance upon something just, well, amazing, something so full of pretty, that I just want to curl up and spend a quiet moment (or hour, or...) and peruse the items shown. I came across Decorative Country Living today, a UK online shop "based in a converted old chapel in a pretty village in Lincolnshire" ~ sounds perfect! The items they have for sale have the cottage look I enjoy, but it was when I scrolled to the bottom of their web page and discovered this ~ Holiday Home in France ~ and this ~ Holiday Home in Norfolk, that I discovered the places I can only dream of, places I'd love to visit but are safe because they are across the pond and beyond my wildest dreams (and budget)!!

So, just in case you are a dreamer like me or maybe you are looking for a place to vacation (and if you are, please take me!!), here are just a few of their online photos...

These are from Holiday Home in France...

the exterior...
The poolhouse


the dining room...
The poolhouse


the sunny kitchen...
The poolhouse


the first floor bathroom...
The poolhouse



the first floor bedroom...
The poolhouse


I think you get the idea.


the exterior...
The poolhouse



close up...
The poolhouse
Quote:
"Built just after the turn of the 20th Century, Seaton Lodge combines lots of period charm with a bright, airy, stylish interior." (No kidding!)


 first floor...



this fantastic tub...
The first floor bathroom
a soft and welcoming bedroom on the first floor...Bedroom 2
and second floor...

Bedroom four

(For some reason, the last 2 photos would not line up as I wanted, but they are still just beautiful!)

I think this post and the links to these 2 beautiful homes will be my "vacation photos" for this summer,
places to "visit" whenever I want to get away and dream!



(as long as I am dreaming...)



3 comments:

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

So beautiful! I especially like the dining room!

Kit said...

Wow! How lovely are those rooms and homes. Wouldn't you just love to visit there? Hope Spring has arrived to your area. We are still trying to get spring here....LOL Kit

Debbie Petras said...

I am so with you on this! I have to admit it ...I'm a daydreamer and have been since childhood. I love to find photos like these. There are times when life can be so hard and taking some time to daydream like this is like a fun escape for me. So thank you for the quick escape and lovely photos. I can imagine us having a cup of tea in that kitchen. One day ...but the environment really won't matter, right?

Blessings and love,
Debbie