Saturday, December 5, 2009

The New Computer Honeymoon Period

It happened 3 days ago; the old Toshiba died, not without warning, but we kept hoping we could get by a little longer. I started it up Thursday morning and all I got was a black screen with TOSHIBA on it and instructions to press a couple of keys but nothing happened. I called Toshiba and spoke to 2 very nice guys, but nothing worked. So after 2 days of no internet,( I got a lot done at home!!), we took the big step and bought a new one last night. Merry Christmas! Happy Anniversary!(It's coming up soon!) I lost a lot, it seems, although I had backed up quite a lot on an external drive. I thank God that all of our pictures that were on that computer were backed up on disks. I am so forgetful that I will probably forget what I don't have anyway. Any, lets hope the honeymoon period lasts for a few years!! Now it is time to catch up on email and a few of my favorite blogs.

So, life goes on and tomorrow I hope we can get our Chistmas tree up. We got 2-3 inches of snow today and I am getting into the spirit. A few days ago (when the computer died) I got out a few Christmas decorations, movies and music adn children's books, and I think I will pop in one of the movies tonight. It's beginning to look a lot like Chistmas!

No comments: