Friday, January 22, 2010

A Hush is Falling Outside

It is snowing again, and I just went out to shovel a little and let Lucy run. I was struck by the hush. the quiet, that happens when snow falls and muffles the usual sounds. A car went by, its tires barely making a noise. A distant churchbell chimed 1:00, a cheerful sound in the stillness. Lucy ran very fast around the yard, enjoying the snow once again.

Here's our back gate, with the snow decorating it for winter again....
A littel bird feeder with angels that are praying, but they look today like they are trying to keep warm...

A log cabin that is really a birdhouse, with a dollop of snow frosting covering its roof...

Maya is napping, so I think I will go inside and make a cup of tea, read a book, or perhaps take a little nap myself, as a 21-month old has lots of energy for me to keep up with when she wakes up. But I just had to share a little bit of winter returned, as we knew it would since it is only January, and as it should be.

3 comments:

Maxine said...

I always love that quiet that comes over the world when it snows! We're overdue to have some again. Hope you had a nice afternoon and enjoyed the warmth of your home!

Anne~Fiona and Twig said...

Your angels DO look like they're trying to keep warm! And your fence looks soooo ethereal.

Still smiling over that pic of Maya and the "pretty". :-)

Anne

Michelle@Fromhousetohome said...

That gate looks beautiful with the snow covering it. We've had some rain here, I wish it were snow! If it's going to be cold out, it may as well be beautiful snow I think!
~Michelle