Thursday, May 6, 2010

National Day of Prayer


Today is the National Day of Prayer, but I must confess I have been too achy to think about it as I should. But I do want to direct you to my blog friend Lisa's blog, Sharing Life with Lisa, where she has a wonderful post with scripture and areas of prayer for our nation. Perhaps there is an event near you to go to and join with others to pray for our nation.

If my people, who are called by my name,
will humble themselves and pray
 and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways,
then will I hear from heaven
and will forgive their sin
and will heal their land.

2 Chronicles 7:14 (NIV)


4 comments:

Maxine said...

I don't know how I missed this, Laurie, but I haven't been listening to the right news or something. Thanks for posting this reminder.

Anne Lorys said...

Hi Laurie!
Oh no, I missed this, too!

But thank you for this reminder, as the day isn't over yet. You will surely be in my prayers, my sweet friend!

Hugs,
Anne

Karen said...

Great reminder! I am off to visit Lisa....

Donatella said...

thank you so much for the reminder...off to see lisa blog...
god bless~