Saturday, August 28, 2010

Saturday ~ This Old House


It is Saturday, and This Old House is on PBS. I like to catch TOH whenever I can because I live in an old house. Oddly enough, I watch the program but my husband does the work on this place. Right now, he is outside painting the south side of our house. He has been working on scraping, sanding, priming and now painting all week. We had a couple of hot days, so he moved inside and took out our sink and toilet in our main floor bathroom. He got the new floor in yesterday and the toilet is sitting there but not yet hooked up. It is so nice and cool outside today that he is back at the house painting. I do my best to give him moral support and cool drinks.

I took a couple of photos of the tops of the shelves that divide our entry and living room, just because this is about the only area of the main floor that looks normal. What you can't see is that there was a bathroom pedestal sink at my feet in one of them.

front entry with door open to catch the cool breeze

other side, with a summer vignette

Yep, that's about it. The rest of the house has bathroom stuff strewn about. That's fine with me, because it won't be long and it'll all be back where it belongs. I so appreciate the work my husband puts in around here. I am hoping to feel well enough to paint the woodwork upstairs and down, but today I need to rest up from a busy but always enjoyable week spent watching the grands.

                       

7 comments:

Kit said...

I just love your home! So pretty and getting a new bath. Wow! Thank heavens that we both have handy men. My hubby replaced our bathroom floor last year and is always working on our place. I can't wait to see mor pics of your lovely home. Kit

http://jackieinsurrey.blogspot.co.uk/ said...

Can you send your hubby here, mine is useless around the house with painting etc... I can just about get him to do clear the gutters and the odd bit of gardening although we do have a gardener.We have to pay to have most jobs done around the house. We have lived in this house for 8 years and luckily so far haven't had to decorate the walls but I think we will have to have someone in to do them very soon. I have painted the kitchen walls!!

Love your Summer Vignette and the open door, looks very welcoming. Have a good weekend, Jackie in UK.

Karen said...

Love the pictures of the grands...your front door is so pretty and your decorations also...

I am sure your DH appreciates your moral support and cool drinks as much or better than another paint brush....

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Look at those little ones doing what they love to do! Very sweet!

Lovely entry! The door is so unique and very beautiful. These are such inviting vignettes!

Maxine said...

Good for you guys! What a good feeling it must be to be getting all that work done. Glad you're having cooler weather like we are.

Love those pictures of the grands. That's really neat!

Have a blessed and God honoring Lord's Day, Laurie.

Kaye Swain - SandwichINK for the Sandwich Generation said...

What a wonderful weekend. New paint, new bathroom, and lots of fun activities for grandparents and their grandchildren! Sounds perfect!

I just read and reviewed Toad Cottages and Shooting Stars plus had a delightful visit to Michael's Crafts store for Autumn craft activities supplies. We are going to be SOOOO busy during autumn working on fun wreaths, scarecrows, and more. How about y'all? I'm sooo ready for fall! :)

Have a blessed weekend.!

Anonymous said...

I think we all have some part of our homes 'under construction'. :) Loved seeing what your grands are up to! Enjoy your day, Laurie!