Saturday, October 9, 2010

Oh, Those Irresistible Leaf Piles!

We have had beautiful fall weather this week,and I was able to catch Maya and Eli as they had fun jumping
 in a couple of leaf piles in our yard and around the neighborhood.




It was actually rainy and cool today, so I was glad we could enjoy time outdoors earlier in the week. 
Lauren made a pot of chili today and I made a few cinnamon raisin biscuits,and it was nice to have a somewhat lazy Saturday.Jack and Eli spent the night last night and we enjoyed a movie and macaroni and cheese.We all woke up early when the "Eli alarm" went off at 4:45 AM, although we managedto get him to doze a few more minutes. Then the "boys" were off at 8 AM to meet the boys' parents for Jack's soccer game, ( in the rain, so I wisely stayed home.)


 
I'll leave you with this poem by Elsie N. Brady


 
Leaves

How silently they tumble down
And come to rest upon the ground
To lay a carpet, rich and rare,
Beneath the trees without a care,
Content to sleep, their work well done,
Colors gleaming in the sun.
At other times, they wildly fly
Until they nearly reach the sky.
Twisting, turning through the air
Till all the trees stand stark and bare.
Exhausted, drop to earth below
To wait, like children, for the snow.








7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Laurie,
Sounds like an idyllic Saturday! LOVE the leaf photos...just precious:)
Thanks so much for sharing your day with us.

Hugs and Blessings,
Lynn♥

~Let FREEDOM Ring!~

Kit said...

Wonderful picture collage! Sounds like you had a lovely time with your family. My hubby keeps bringing me little leaf bouquets. And horse chestnuts! I love them all. Kit

Anonymous said...

Such a wonderful post, Laurie! The kids are sooooo cute!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend - it sounds perfect!
Hugs,
Zuzu

Elisa said...

Oh my goodness...this reminds me of what my niece was doing...check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxtUK8emxF0

Maxine said...

I like Saturdays like that sometimes. I like chilly wet fall days when something good is cooking and we're all together. Glad you're having all these wonderful days with your grandchildren, Laurie!

podso said...

That's such a cute collage with your grandchildren. And, by the way, that couch does look very cozy and conducive to a nap! Have a great week!

LisaShaw said...

Precious collage of your grandbabies and the leaves! As a Grandma myself I know the joy!!!

Hugs!