Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Time for The One and Only

It's time. My heart tells me it is time to take a blog break, at least from posting new posts for awhile. It is time for me to read and not write, time for me to listen and not speak, time for me to pray and not be anxious about anything. It is time for me to spend time in God's Word more than I read other books and more than I spend blogging. I'll stop by your blogs from time to time, because He has given me a sisterhood with many of you that blesses me so much. I am looking forward to the break in that it means more time with Jesus.

In her book, My Heart's Cry by Anne Graham Lotz, she writes:

As I have poured over the Scriptures, my heart has cried out for more than
just enough...
to escape a fiery hell.
to be saved from God's wrath.
to call myself a Christian.
to manage my guilt.
to get a ticket to heaven.
to squeak through heaven's gate.

I long for more than just the bare minimum God has to offer.
I long for more that what the average Christian seems to settle for.
I long for everything God wants to give me.
I long for more than enough...

to bend my will!
to awaken my conscience!
to break my heart!
to transform my mind!
to overcome my prejudices!
to soar my spirit!
to conform me into His glorious image!
to give me an abundant entrance into heaven!
I long to be saturated in Jesus!
So please, dear God,
just give me MORE...

(My Heart's Cry by Anne Graham Lotz, 2002)

I can seldom read John 1 without tears or a tenderness in my heart, especially when I read verse 14:
The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us.
We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only,
who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

The One and Only...it is time.



In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
He was with God in the beginning. Through Him all things were made;
without Him nothing was made that has been made.
In Him was life, and that life was the light of men.
The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it...

The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us.
We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only,
who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.
John 1:1-5,14

6 comments:

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

A sweet, from the heart, God-honoring post and decision! Praying the time will be well spent and hoping for an occasional up-date!

Maxine said...

Beautiful, Laurie. There are times that our hearts tell us that we need to indeed to focus solely on Him. Have a very good and blessed time with your Lord and family.

Debbie Petras said...

I love Anne Graham Lotz's books. I totally understand taking time away from blogging. For me, there are days when I could post several times a day as there is so much that I want to share. And then other times when it is best to step back and allow the Lord to minister to us with time alone.

You are such an encourager in our blogging world Laurie. So be encouraged and spend more time reading and allowing the Lord to minister to you.

I know you will return with so much to share and I'll be here.

Blessings and love,
Debbie

Anonymous said...

Take care and enjoy this time, Laurie.
Hugs,
Zuzu

Kit said...

I will miss reading your blog, but you go and have a wonderful break. We will be here when you come back. Hugs, Kit

Charm and Grace said...

Hopped over after reading your comment on Zuzu's post. My heart resonates with this post of yours... so I say, yes, and Amen!

Blessings as you draw nearer to Him,
Christi