Sunday, October 24, 2010

Tucking In

Maybe it's the weather forecast; cooler with a chance of rain or even snow this week. Maybe it's because I wore myself out on Saturday raking leaves and cleaning out the veggie and flowerbeds. Maybe it's because I just stocked up on hot cocoa, chai tea and Good Earth Sweet and Spicy Herbal Tea. (Yum!) Oh, and chocolate, of course. And maybe it's because our daughters' families rival teams, the Vikings and the Packers, are getting ready to play tonight. Most likely, it's all of the above.

(photo; scripture added)

Time to tuck in as the sun sets a little earlier every day.
Time to slow down and savor the times with friends and family or alone with a good book.
Time to hunt for new fall recipes and stock up on apples, pumpkin and the comfort foods from childhood.
Time to cuddle with our grands and to gather up a few warm hats, mittens and sweaters to have
about the house for them to wear when visiting.

I recently had a time off from blogging so that I could spend more time sitting at the feet of God. How assuring it is that there is no particular season for being with Him, for He is near always. My time has been good, and I am finding a better balance in my time with Him and my time doing other things, such as blogging. I might blog a little less or I might schedule my time better, but I do know that I so enjoy visiting your blogs and gleaning from you as you share your lives.


I know I have posted this song before, but it was playing in my mind today and I want to share it again.
 I hope you have a good week and that you are enjoying this season of your life.


The More I Seek You

The more I seek you,
the more I find you
The more I find you, the more I love you

I wanna sit at your feet
drink from the cup in your hand.
Lay back against you and breath, here your heart beat
This love is so deep, it's more than I can stand.
I melt in your peace, it's overwhelming






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved this post. It pinpointed exactly how I've been feeling. Thank you for sharing! :)
I couldn't get the song to play, but the words sure are beautiful. Have a blessed evening! (((hugs)))

Maxine said...

Very sweet, Laurie. Glad you got to sit at His feet. There is no better place to be.

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

All of the things you mentioned are indeed special ways to spend your time. No surprise the time spent with the Lord was a refreshing and most pleasant time.

Happy and cozy post!