The picture I put in my header is of the view from our kitchen window. The window boxes there are such a pleasure to see, and I have Lauren to thank for keeping them well-watered this summer, along with all of the other pots and plants. He has been tending the vegetable garden, too, weeding and picking the few prizes we have so far, mostly zucchini. Jack's pumpkins, called Jack-Be-Little, of course, have tiny little pumpkins growing, and this fall we will save some for him, Eli and Maya to have. Lucy seems to have taken our other Golden Retriever Kiska's fancy for cherry tomatoes; Lauren caught her eating one yesterday. (Lucy does eat a lot of things, a lot of them not food!)
Thank You, God, for giving me this great peace today. It is like a gift, one that is the kind you want to keep tucked away so that you can savor it slowly (like chocolate, which, to be honest, I never eat slowly!). I know the Saints are praying, and I love you all for it.
I put these prayer requests on the GBC prayer chain this weekend, and I want to share them here and ask you to go to the Father on my behalf. Thank you, thank you.
What to pray for today:
- Peace, not panic ("Peace, I leave with you, My peace I give to you.")
- To be able to let things go that I feel like I want to hurry and get done, since I won't be able to lift things or do a lot for quite awhile ("Be still and know that I am God.")
- To trust God that He has directed me to this particular neurosurgeon (I never thought that I would have to see a brain surgeon!) at this particular time ("For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper and not harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future. Then you will call on Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you...")
- God's guidance for the surgeon and the rest of the surgery team (He guides the humble in what is right and teaches them His way.)
- Healing and protection from infection or unforseen problems (You stretch out Your hand against the anger of my foes, with Your right hand You save me.)
Praise God that He alone is Sovereign!