Tuesday, August 18, 2009

There'a no place like home

I got home today before noon, and it feels so good to be here. Sara and Maya came by for lunch and I was able to get a much-needed nap in this afternoon. I see Lauren has done a good job keeping up the blog! I hope he can rest in the days ahead, too. It will be so good to have Erin come in tonight. My head hurts, of course, and I don't really feel like doing much, but as the days improve, I will tell you about the wonderful women in ICU and at the floor I was on. I praise God also for my surgeon, Dr.Meyer. Thank you for all of the prayers, emails, calls and food. We are so blessed.

2 comments:

Jessie said...

I am glad that you are home now and can have the comfort of your own house and bed. I would love to come and see you but I am trying to stay away till you are feeling a bit better but please let me know if I can do anything for you, clean your house or bring you a meal, ect. I have been praying for your pain and recovery.

Anonymous said...

Laurie, we have been thinking and praying for you! We are so glad you are this far and we continue to pray for your recovery. Lauren has done a great job calling us and updating your blog, which is very well done by the way! We hope you all have a great weekend! Love, Dave & Lynae