Monday, August 17, 2009

Monday the 17th

Good evening,
Laurie remains in the hospital. The Doctor saw her this morning shortly after 8. All is looking good. She was able to have no bandage today. She showered without help (other than the shower chair to sit on). We took a couple longer walks and the blood sugar levels seemed to be more stable. Her spirits continue to be good. I think it is likely that she will be discharged on Tuesday. Tuesday evening (late) Erin will arrive from Minneapolis. Her sister (Sara) will be at the airport to meet - greet and drive Erin here. The hospital was busy today (I'm pretty sure it had something to do with it being Monday). I think I prefer the hospital atmosphere of Saturday and Sunday. I find myself this evening a bit tired and ready to wrap things up so I can get to bed. I'd like to be at the hospital before 8 tomorrow morning so I'm with Laurie when her Doctor arrives to see her. Sleep well.
Lauren

1 comment:

Lisa Reimer said...

It is great to hear that Laurie is getting better each day. May God continue to heal her body, and I know her positive attitude is a great advantage. May God strengthen you through this experience. You continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.
Lisa Reimer